Friday, May 30, 2008

And it gets even better

Turns out, raisins are toxic to dogs.  They can potentially cause renal failure.  So, we're out a loaf of raisin bread and $700-1200 for Kenai's weekend hospital stay.  Moral of the story: NO food anywhere on the counters or within a height of 5 feet from the ground where big fat dogs can remotely access it.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Oh my gosh, SO sorry to hear it!

Jordan said...

for real? raisins? sorry to hear about the bill, but very glad that kenai will be healthy again.

Steve, Grace, Joshua, Anna said...

Rob and Jessica were in town and told us about this hilarious post (seriously, it is really funny if you didn't have to foot the vet bill or lose your bread). Hope Kenai is ok and you guys are recovering from the financial shock.

Greg and Shawna said...

Kenai?! My sweet canine niece? How could she do such a thing?! Chrissy, I'm sure she enjoyed every bite. I've had your baked goods and in my humble opinion, they might just be worth $1000. I'll tell Micah to keep up the prayers for Nani. Love you guys.