1. Were you named after anyone?
If you asked my parents, they'd lamely say yes. But I think the real answer is that they gave me names that several family members shared because they simply liked the names. And then they couldn't remember who specifically they were honoring with my naming. But I promptly dropped Margaret at the first available opportunity and stuck with the named I liked, Christine. And so now perhaps I'll say that I was named after my Aunt Christine.
2. When was the last time you cried?
That last time I cried for real was at the movie, "Prince Caspian." It was one of the parts of the movie that was not in the book, when several of the Narnians were left to die at the Telmarines' castle. Even though they were mythical creatures it made me so, so sad.
3. Do you like your handwriting?
Why yes, I do.
4. What is your favorite lunch meat?
Roast turkey
5. Do you have kids?
Nope. My dog, cat, nephews, and niece will do nicely for the time being.
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
Yep.
7. Do you use sarcasm a lot?
Occasionally, but not that often. It's too easily misunderstood.
8. Do you still have your tonsils?
Yes.
9. Would you bungee jump?
No.
10. What is your favorite cereal?
I sort of rotate favorites. But my old standby's are (to Jonathan's horror) Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch, Golden Grahams, and Apple Jacks.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Yes. I'm a bit anal that way.
12. Do you think you are strong?
Emotionally, I'd like to think so. Physically, depends on who you compare me to.
13. What is your favorite ice cream?
Coffee for the less fancy brands. Dublin Mudslide for Ben & Jerry's.
14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Whether they're more interested in talking and being heard, or whether they're truly interested in having a dialogue and doing a little listening.
15. Red or pink?
Red
16. What is the least favorite thing about yourself?
I worry too much.
17. Who do you miss the most?
Since I'm able to keep up with the people I love through email and phone, I'll have to resort to choosing something that can't be with me in Rochester. And that is the great restaurants in Richmond.
18. What color pants and shoes are you wearing?
Pants, brown. Shoes, dingy white and blue.
19. What was the last thing you ate?
Leftover baja fish casserole (recipe courtesy of my Uncle Chuck)
20. What are you listening to right now?
The chimes at St. Anne's, the church at the end of my street.
21. If you were a crayon, what color would you be?
Cornflower blue.
22. Favorite smells?
Burning leaves in the crisp fall air, my parents' house, my mother-in-law's cinnamon rolls, rain.
23. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
My mom.
24. Do you like the person who sent this?
Most definitely.
25. Favorite sports to watch?
College basketball (Duke, of course)
26. Hair color?
Brown with the occasional glint of red
27. Eye color?
Brown
28. Do you wear contacts?
Yes
29. Favorite foods?
Meatloaf, Blue crabs, jiaozi, good Asian noodle dishes, sweet corn, yellow wax beans.
30. Scary movies or happy endings?
Happy endings. There are enough sad and scary endings in life as it is.
31. Last movie you watched?
(sheepish grin) Angels in the Outfield
32. What color shirt are you wearing?
Blue striped
33. Summer or winter?
Winter, but really fall
34. Hugs or kisses?
Hugs
35. Favorite dessert?
Oh, I love dessert. I love many kinds, like Bananas Foster, peanut butter pie, and sour cherry pie, but I think my favorite today may be Mrs. Kittila's yellow cake with almond icing.
36. What book are you reading now?
I'm listening to a book on tape--"20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" by Jules Vern. Surprisingly, I'm having a very interesting reaction to the characters, and I can't figure out if I'm being influenced by the hoity-toity British narrator or I simply think Capt. Nemo was written as an arrogant jerk and the Professor as an obsequious, silly man.
37. What is on your mouse pad?
Our laptop follows us around the house, so there is no mouse pad.
38. What did you watch on TV last night?
Very uncharacteristic of me, considering the fact that I strongly dislike politics, the Democratic National Convention and The Daily Show. That should simply reveal that nothing was on. Nothing. I really would have rather watched anything else. That probably explains why I went to bed so early.
39. Favorite sound?
Jonathan opening the front door and entering our house after a long day's work.
40. Rolling stones or beatles?
Beach Boys. I grew up hearing them, the Oak Ridge Boys, and Alabama.
41. What is the farthest you have been from home?
Yunnan Province, China
42. Any new news in your life?
I start grad school on Tuesday!! I'm very excited and a bit nervous too.
43. Where were you born?
Biloxi, Mississippi
44. Who's your favorite author?
That's quite tough. It's rare for me to have more than one book by the same author. I suppose I'd have to choose someone who has been incredibly influential and, at the risk of being accused of giving an easy Christian answer, that would probably be Paul. No one else has had such an influence on my opinions, my life choices, and my hope for the future.
45. What time is it now?
6:33 pm

1 comment:
Wow, thanks for the compliments! :) I'm always so happy when people take me up on memes.
I really enjoyed reading your thoughtful answers and somewhat wish I had done it your way rather than deal with the little boxes. Alas.
You have such a great vocabulary!
Funnily enough I found myself watching the DNC too. Nothing else on. It's been on my mind all day though so I guess it was good to be stimulated as an American citizen rather than continue on with the usual apathy in politics.
I too can't believe you're all into those sugary cereals. As many mornings as I spent at your place, I NEVER saw any of those!! :)
I miss you!
Post a Comment